.

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Review: NYX Matte Lipsticks

From left to right: Alabama, Merlot, Angel, Indie Flick & Hippie Chic


















At this year's Professional Beauty. I bought five matte lipsticks from NYX. I have never used lipsticks from here before. I have always been wary if they are any good. But the matte range is quite surprising. The swatches on my hand were so pigmented. And I loved the colour range! So I thought I would give them a try as they were good priced. They have a really nice range of colours. A lot of reds. I picked out five shades. With a matte lipstick, you would think it would be quite drying but these lipsticks do not dry out my lips. They apply so creamy and easily and look matte. The colour pay off on the lips is amazing. So bright. Surprisingly, they did last for a few hours. Even when I was drinking, I would still be able to see the pop of colour on my lips as it leaves a stain on the lips. With this lipstick you could just top it up if you wanted. I would recommend this lipstick if you are looking for a matte lipstick and wasn't looking to spend a lot on a lipstick. It is a good product and you could possibly find some dutes for other high-end lipsticks.

2 comments:

  1. I love matte make-up, it is my obsession:)

    Townhouse Palette

    p.s_I found you becox of wengie!

    ReplyDelete